Yoga & Ayurveda Retreat – July 9 -14 2015 (5 days)
Join us for a yoga & Ayurveda retreat at the beautiful Kairali’s Ayurvedic Healing Village in Palakkad! The Ayurvedic Healing Village is set amid 50 acres of lush greenery in Palakkad, Kerala. It has 30 exclusive villas, each conforming to “Vastu Shastra” architecture – the Indian version of feng shui. This means that they each have a distinctive design, blending with the natural setting and surrounded by herbs and trees with immense curative and restorative powers.
Five Days of total relaxation, rejuvenation.. Getting back in touch with yourself through yoga and meditation.. Nurturing your body through ayurvedic massages and treatments… Nurturing your stomach through delicious vegetarian meals!
That represents this retreat in a nutshell!
If this sounds good to you then join us for our Yoga & Ayurveda retreat at the beautiful Kairali’s Ayurvedic Healing Village in Palakkad.
We wake up to the sound of birds, and start the day with a hatha yoga class. What better way to energize the body and mind! We then have a delicious south indian vegetarian breakfast.. the day is filled with ayurvedic treatments, plenty of free time to contemplate and enjoy the quiet green nature around.. Take a swim, go for a walk, or simply read a book on the terrace of your private villa! We then have lunch, an optional second treatment, and the day ends with another yoga class. In the evening we have dinner and can sometimes gather together for a little satsanga.
For More Detail- +91 9999231117
- Daily yoga practice
- Daily meditation sessions
- 1 initial consultation with Ayurvedic doctor
- Daily Ayurvedic massage and treatment
- 3 organic vegetarian meals daily
- 6 nights accommodation
- 7 day(s) with instructions
Kairali Yoga and Ayurveda Retreat Program
- 06:45 to 08:00: Hatha yoga
- 08:30 to 09:30: Breakfast
- 09:30 to 12:30: Ayurvedic massage & treatment
- 12:30 to 13:30: Lunch
- 13:30 to 17:30: Free time/ second Ayurvedic massage
- 18:00 to 19:00: Yoga and/or meditation
- 19:00 to 20:00: Dinner
- Times are subject to change upon arriva
- What you will be getting
- Morning Hatha yoga class outside on the beautiful platform surrounded by nature
- Ayurvedic oil massage (Abhyangam) – 60 minute Ayurvedic spa treatment, followed by steam bath.
- Optional evening Ayurvedic treatment (depending on your package)
- Afternoon gentle yoga session- 60 minute group session for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Evening group meditation – guided by Lakshya
- Introduction to Indian philosophy/mantra chanting- taught by Lakshya
- Special events and workshops
- Introduction to Indian philosophy – an informative discussion on yoga and Vedanta, providing an insight to the ancient old philosophies of happiness, originating from India
- Introduction to Ayurveda – an expert talk on the meaning and method of the world’s oldest healing system from our highly qualified Ayurvedic doctor.
- Ayurvedic cookery workshop – our world-class Ayurvedic chef shows you how to prepare a delicious 3-course Ayurvedic meal.
- Mantra chanting – a proper introduction to the meaning and method of mantra chanting.
Lakshya is a certified yoga teacher, having more than 7 years of experience and practice in Hatha yoga. She has studied yoga extensively in India, and has also completed a 3-year course in Vedanta, Sanskrit, and Vedic chanting under the tutelage of her Guru, Swami Dayananda Saraswati, in Coimbatore, India.
Lakshya’s classes are dynamic in nature, focusing on the breath and movement synchronization and allowing students to explore their own capacities. She shows practitioners from all levels how to tap into their inner joy and sense of wellbeing. For Lakshya, yoga is more than just a practice-it is a way of life.
We are set in the beautiful, quiet, and natural jungle of north Kerala, near Palakkad. Our grounds are specifically designed to meet Vaastu Shastra. This intensifies the healing atmosphere and you will enjoy the feeling of being surrounded by several hundred ancient rustling coconuts, mango, and other herbal healing trees.
- Coimbatore International Airport, 75 km – 2 ½ hours
- Cochin International Airport, 125 km – 3 hours
- Palakkad train station, 25 km – 30 minutes
Things to do
- Ayurvedic treatment courses for specific health conditions
- Palmistry consultations
- Vedic Astrology readings
- Spiritual ceremonies (pujas)
- Kerala tours and local travel
Each of our luxury villas is based on the ancient edicts of ‘Vaastu Shastra’, the Indian version of feng shui, as outlined in ancient scripture. This provides our guests with the ultimate Ayurveda or yoga villa retreat in the setting of Kerala’s most authentic Vedic community.
Luxury Ayurvedic cuisine will be served during your stay in Kairali Yoga Retreats. There will be specially prepared three 4-course organic vegetarian meals per day.
- 1 Initial consultation with Ayurvedic Doctor
- Luxury villa on sharing basis (2 per villa) or private
- Organic vegetarian Ayurvedic food service (3 meals per day)
- Harmonious natural surroundings of ancient healing trees and herbs
- Full use of resort facilities including swimming pool, gym, library, meditation hall.
What’s not included
- Travel arrangements (Flight tickets and airport transportation)
- Extra activities
- Telephone calls, internet, personal laundry, and other additional service requested will be charged extra.
Know before you go
Bestowed with a pleasant and equable climate throughout the year, Kerala is a tropical land with the coast running down its entire length and the Western Ghats forming a protective barrier against the dry winds from up north. The monsoons (June-September and October-November) and summer (February-May) are the seasons markedly experienced here, while winter is only a slight drop in temperature from the normal range of 28-32 degree Celsius.
Transfer from and to airport on request.
From Coimbatore International Airport in an A/C taxi costs 95 EUR. From Cochin International Airport in an A/C taxi costs 165 EUR. Cochin has more frequent connections as it’s a busier airport. We can also pick-up from Palakkad train station which is only 30 minutes away. This costs 35 EUR. Rates are per car, up to three sharing.
Kairali Ayurvedic Group demonstrates their commitment to living in harmony with nature by maintaining a number of environmental and sustainability projects. Our ethical yoga center in Kerala uses a vermiculture system. We recycle plants to ensure quality organic herbal remedies for our Ayurvedic treatments. The use of CFL lights and state-of-the-art power generator has cut the center’s carbon footprint by 40%, making the Ayurvedic Healing Village one of the leading sustainable spas in India. We are equally committed to sustainable manufacture. Our factory in Pollachai uses a 1.25MW windmill as a source of alternative energy. We will never compromise in our commitment to ethical business practices, and ensure the highest standards of quality control in the production of our herbal medicine.
For more information ask your questions directly to Kairali Yoga Retreats who will be happy to assist you. Simply click on the Contact Organizer button to send a message.
Reservations will be confirmed against 100% advance payments. Confirmation would be given on first come first service basis.
30 days before arrival date – 100% refund
Less than 5 days before arrival date / change in schedule during the stay – no refund.
Taxes and service charges
Government taxes would be charged extra as mentioned herein above & are subject to change.
Children below 5 years are complimentary.
Posted on April 23, 2015, in Ayurvedic Treatment, Hospitality, News and tagged Ayurveda and Yoga Retreat, Ayurveda training, Ayurvedic Retreat, ayurvedic treatment, Yoga and Meditation, Yoga Retreat, Yoga Training. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.